Monday, November 3, 2008

Of doctors and needles

Today I had my second ultrasound. It looks like the obstruction is still there, but I have to wait to hear from the doctor's for the final prognosis. It makes me sad to think that my poor little boy is going to have to have an ultrasound a day or two after he is born, be on antibiotics and who knows what else. I was impressed with myself for recognizing the kidneys and being able to see the obstruction without aid. I wish the doctors had called me today.

Joseph had his 3 year check up today also. He is short and skinny. He is doing all right with developmental things. I asked about his tendency to say that he "just doesn't feel good." The doctor wants me to keep tabs as to when he says it. I told him that he says it every day. He thinks it is probably just mimicing. I mentioned to my mom that he says this a lot. She doesn't think that it is her, but it is. What really worried me and concerned the doctor was the fact that he said that he was dying. He wants to know where he would have heard that, seeing that he is so young. I have my opinions, but my mom would never agree. She doesn't hear what she talks about all the time. Now I have to watch and monitor my son to see if he is lagging behind when he plays and any other symptom that may require testing.

Joseph is also excited about Halloween. He wants to go to daddy's work some more for the scary stuff and candy. He told me he likes scary stuff but not scary music. He is a cutie. He was so excited that I didn't have to go into work today. I love it when he says, "mommy, I love you."

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow! I'm impressed with your ultrasound reading skills! I still can hardly tell what ANYTHING is! I hope everything goes well with your new baby and with little Joseph! I secretly hope that your new little guy is born early in January while we are still there!