Saturday, November 29, 2008

The mystery of the missing toad and other thoughts

Today I decided that we needed more crickets for our toad. I decided to check on it, but unfortunately, it was not anywhere in its enclosure. I have looked throughout the day in and around its habitat, but to no avail. Our toad is missing!! We don't know where it hopped off too. More than likely, it has fallen somewhere that will decrease its chances of survival. Joseph is sad and says that he wants another toad. So a fond farewell to our amphibious friend who provided many hours of enjoyment. May she be happy wherever she is and not be dead in a vent where we can smell her and not reach her.
Today was black Friday. I got a few gifts, but mostly stuff in preparation for our guests in December. Joseph was good as we went from place to place. After a couple of hours he told me he was ready to go home. Joseph has decided that his name is only Joseph. Grandpa Nunez calls him Jose and he says "no, I Joseph." We call him by his full name and he tells us that he is only Joseph. He also has decided that he is scared of the toilet and refuses to tell us when he needs to go to the bathroom. He is also afraid of the bathtub because there are bugs in it (from the one time a beetle made its way into his bath). He is starting to throw a lot more tantrums. It is frustrating. Normally we could tell him no and he would be fine, now, tears and whimpering, laying on the ground. I thought the terrible twos were over. Not that he was ever bad. He isn't even bad now. It is just hard to hear the whining and the crying when you tell him no.

Thanksgiving was nice. We ate at my parents. Alison and Ryan were there. Those are Joe's hands. I managed to get everyone else that was there. We had lots to eat. What am I thankful for?

  • My husband. He is amazing. He works full time and gets home and works on our home. It looks AWESOME. I love him dearly and am grateful to have such a handsome, smart and handy man in my life.
  • My little Joseph. He makes me happy everyday. He likes to say that he loves me so much and when I respond in the same manner, he says that he loves me "big, stomp so much." Today it was "apatosaurus, stomp, big so much!" He tells me that he is growing up but that he is still a little boy. I am grateful for such a loving and tender boy.
  • Baby Brother and second son. I am starting my 8th month of pregnancy and am grateful that we can almost meet our second child. It is crazy to think that we will no longer just have one, but two. How will I manage?
  • Being cancer free for 2 years and counting.
  • Our home. Our house is nice. I am sad that we are going to sell it, even though the prospects of what will be are exciting and scary. It has a huge yard and it has a nice layout. Too bad we have to move.
  • Our car. We have had a running car for the past couple of years, for which I am grateful. It is gas efficient, what more could you ask for right now.
  • Our jobs.
  • Family. We have such a supportive family on both sides. We are grateful for their prayers and concerns on our behalf. Crazy how fast time flies and how our family keeps growing.
  • Friends. We have a good group of friends that I know we can count on for just about anything.
  • The gospel. Life isn't always easy. I am grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who provides for us and a Savior that can help us return home to our Father one day.

I could go on, but I will leave it at that. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: