Sunday, November 16, 2008

I forgot my camera...Dang!

Joseph wanted me to take lots of pictures of him today. He was playing male model. "Mommy take a picture of me like this." Joseph was in one of his vintage Joe shirts. I also recorded him telling the camera what dinosaurs he has. I will try and post it later.

We have had an eventful weekend. I didn't accomplish nearly what I wanted to, but I did do other things. Friday, Joseph and I went to the Museum at Thanksgiving Point. Joe was working on the house, so he didn't come with us. I had some tickets for half-off admission. Joseph and I were there for 2 hours. When we first arrived, he asked me to take a picture of the dinosaurs. I looked in my camera then and realized that I had forgotten it at home. It was disappointing because there were fewer people there than daytime hours. We spent a long time playing in the sand and water table. I built a small lagoon for Joseph to play in the water. We also spent a lot of time uncovering fossils in the sand pit. Joseph swam in the sand. All in all, it was great fun. He liked seeing the big dinosaur skeletons. We went into the gift shop. They had miniature skeletons, so I bought some for Christmas. Joseph would love to go more. Now that he is 3, his admission price went from free to $8.

Yesterday we took Alison to pick up her wedding dress. She looks so pretty. Joseph enjoyed the cat that was at the home. We got home and I tried to clean a little. I was exhausted and wanted to stay home, but Joe convinced me to go the Real Salt Lake game. It was the Western conference title game. RSL was playing the NY Red Bulls. I only wanted to go if Joseph went. He came too. I was happy. It was really cold, so Joseph spent most of the time wrapped in a quilt. He kept me warm. I also bought hot chocolate and popcorn. Joseph was not in the mood to be there, so I had to distract him. Joe helped him get into the cheering and the game.

I asked Joseph if he had fun at the soccer game. He said no. I asked why. He responded that he was sick. I asked what made him sick. He said that he was just tired and that the music was too loud and it made him sick. There were 7 of us at the game (including Joseph). It was a fun night out, but yet again, I had forgotten my camera.
Joe has been working on cleaning our yard. Joseph was helping him. Joseph would take his wheelbarrow wherever daddy was working. When Joe would go and dump it, Joseph would go with him and play in yard. It was cute. My two men hard at work.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love that you post. It is so fun to hear about what is going on. How sad that you didn't have your camera! Those would have been great pictures! I really need more with you and Joe in them for the Christmas Calendar! :) Oh, and don't forget to take a 30 week picture! Have a great week :D