Monday, December 1, 2008

December already!!

It is crazy to think that today is the 1st day of December. Where has the time gone? I have 12 days to get the house in some semblance of order for a bridal shower and 24 days to get the house in order for my in-laws. I figured if I spend 2 nights per room for the next 2 weeks, I will have the semblance of order and with that semblance, I can create order. Of course as order increases so does disorder (dang entropy!). How to do this and still accomplish all my familial duties? I guess we shall see.

There is still no sign of the toad. We decided to ask Joseph to see if he had some unknown details. His story keeps changing, so I don't know if he took the toad out or not. He mostly says "no" that he didn't take the toad out, but on occasion he states that he did. He says the toad went down the vent (or multiple vents) to the place where the spiders are. He also tells us the toad went to a Halloween party to get candy down in the place with the spiders, the ghosters, and the bats.
We decorated our tree this weekend. Thanks to Alison and Ryan for helping. Thanks to Joe for working on completing all 3 bathrooms. Thanks to Joseph for providing cute comments and helping decorate the tree. Now Joseph wants to nap by the tree and wrap his toys so he can open them. I had forgotten to give everyone candy canes to put on the tree, so Joseph did that yesterday. I need to take a picture of all the candy canes at the bottom of the tree. We couldn't put our "star crystal" on top because the tree is just tall enough that it won't fit. Joseph wants to have a star crystal in the tree like Huggly does in his story.
Here is Joseph helping aunt Alison with decorations. In this one, I think he is actually asking me to help him hang the ornament. He had just turned around.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I know! I can't believe it is December either! We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

That's really sad about the toad, but pretty cute and funny what little Joseph says about the situation!