Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Joseph stories

This is a picture of Joseph with Kayla. My parents have been guardians over Kayla since she was 5 months old. They are also guardians of her 3 older siblings as of 2 years ago.

  • I have a tendency to forget cute things that Joseph says, so I wanted to post before I forget. Last night Joe picked Joseph and me up from work. My mom was close by, so she brought him. When we were in the car, Joseph started to fall asleep. I tried talking to him, and he said, "I a tired boy, I just need a little nap." I then said, "but I thought you didn't like naps." He said, "I like naps." Well, I tried to keep him up till we got home, but he finally whined in desperation, "I just going to sleep for a little bit!" So, Joe and I let him sleep. He probably got a 40 minute nap because I had errands to run.
  • Apparently, when he was with grandma and the kids, he started to sing a song about all the dinosaurs. He sang about them for a long time, and when he was done, he exclaimed, "Whew, that was a long song." When they asked him to sing more, he said, "I don't know any more songs." That is not exactly true. As of late, he likes to sing. He sings "Jingle bells" a lot as well as other random songs that he makes up. The other night, he showed me a crocodile and shark and said, "These animals are dangerous." I asked why and he explained, "they bite other animals and people too!" After that, he walked around singing a little song that had a chorus of dangerous in it. Daddy asked him to sing the dinosaur song last night, but he said he was too tired.
  • He did tell me that he spilled orange juice all over his pajamas in the morning and that made him sad.
  • Last night, I decided to expend what little energy I have to cook rice and gravy and make a pseudo-hawaiian haystack. Joseph was tired, thirsty, hungry and really cranky. He was whining every few minutes that I needed to "hurry, hurry." I lay him on the couch and then started to cook. When I was done, I went to get him and that made him sad because he wanted to lay down on the couch and nap. I got him to the table and the gravy and rice he had wanted became unappetizing. He only wanted a plate of cheese to eat. I explained that we could put cheese on his rice. He started to bawl. Then he said he was full and that he only wanted apple juice. He then shows me that he is full by trying to push in his belly and then telling me that he can't make himself skinny, so he must be full. I told him he needed to eat some dinner, and I would give him apple juice. He started to cry and say, "that not nice!" I know he is mad at me when he starts to say, "I want my daddy!" Well, I finish my dinner and proceed to start putting things away, except for his food. After a few minutes, he decides that a tantrum won't work, so he will try to talk me into it. "Mommy, I ate eggs at grandma's. I super full. I thirsty and want only drink." He then explains why he doesn't need the food and so forth. I tell him that he is welcome to have a drink when he eats.
  • Daddy saved Joseph's day! He went to McDonald's and bought a chicken nugget kid's meal with apples (no apple dippers), and an apple juice. Joseph devours the nuggets and drinks the juice and has a great rest of the night. I am grateful Joe brought food because it got him to eat, unfotunately, the rice went to waste.
  • Joseph was in a good mood the rest of the night. He only took two toys into his bath because it is a small tub. He splashed and played and then we got him out and dressed. He wanted to do a puzzle before bed, but I told him there was no room. We had built a race track out of his blocks on Sunday, so he wanted to clean his room. He ran around putting everything away with my help and then he punched the race track. We put all the blocks away and he said, my room is getting cleaner. He put his books back on the shelf. When the floor was clear, he got the puzzle. It is a 48 piece dinosaur puzzle with jumbo pieces. We put it together and then he broke it apart. We read two books. He counted to eight by himself and then started to be silly again and randomly say a number. We brushed our teeth and he took a vitamin and his fluoride pill. We said our prayers. Lately we have been working on making his prayers a little more than, "Heavenly Father, thank thee for good day, in name of Jesus Christ, Amen." Now he adds, "we thank thee for Jesus," and on occasion, other things.
  • This blog has turned out a lot longer than I expected. One last story, after Joseph stopped crying and knew he wasn't going to win, he started to talk to me about Batman. He told me, "Batman scary." He then told me that, "Boys like Batman because Batman cool." He then said he wanted a Batman costume because he thinks batman is cool. I said, "I thought you wanted to be a dinosaur." He said, "Apatosaurus cool."
  • I love my little boy. He is so much fun even when he is crying and whining. I just pray that I have the patience I need to not give in and completely spoil him. I am excited and feel blessed to be having another little boy soon. I just hope I can handle two kids and give them the love and attention they deserve. Before I end, this morning I went to get Joseph ready to go to grandma's house. He whimpered and said, "Mommy, I a tired little boy."

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Fun to hear the stories. I am sure when he gets older you will be glsd that you wrote them down.