Sunday, December 14, 2008

One big thing down...

Yesterday was Alison's bridal shower. As of Friday, when I was leaving work, I didn't have that many people that had RSVPed. I had a lot more people do it later that day and that night. Thanks to Ryan and Alison who helped me clean. Also, a big thanks to Joe for cleaning and moving furniture and fixing things. We now have a good jumpstart towards his parents arrival. Now I can take a couple of days off and try to get refueled for round 2 of cleaning and organizing. Of course, right before the shower started, I was getting the vegetable tray ready and to my horror, my ranch dressing was rotten. I about started to cry then and there. Thanks to my mom who saved the day.

Alison's shower was nice. We played a famous couples game. I had one half of a famous couple and people needed to write down the 2nd half of the couple. I had a list of 25. For those who would like to try, here it is:

Here are the names of one half of a well-known couple. Name their significant other. Some of the couples are real and others are fictitious.

1. Gordon B. Hinckley
2. Elizabeth Bennett
3. John Lennon
4. Lucille Ball
5. David Beckham
6. Emma
7. Angelina Jolie
8. Romeo
9. Buttercup
10. Adam
11. Beatrice (Shakespeare)
12. Johnny Cash
13. Cosette
14. Alfalfa
15. Arnold Schwarzenegger
16. Lucy Honeychurch
17. Helena Bonham Carter
18. Tom Hanks
19. Han Solo
20. Bella Swan
21. Elizabeth Barrett Browning
22. Hermione Granger
23. Queen Victoria
24. Eleanor Roosevelt
25. Lois Lane

Our winner got 19 out of 25. She got her choice of chocolate. Our next game was having Alison answer questions that I had recorded Ryan answering the night before. I didn't have time to transfer it to my computer and burn it to a dvd. It was fun. Alison only missed 10 out of 30. She had to put a piece of gum in her mouth everytime she got one wrong.

I wanted to shower to be low key, so we finished off with snacks and writing advice to the bride. I guess before the snacks, Alison opened her gifts. She got a nice array of things. She received some things for the honeymoon night and also other things to start setting up her household. At least she didn't get duplicates of anything.

Ryan's bachelor party was last night, so Alison hung out with us and graded papers. Adam was also here. He and Joe played soccer and guitar hero. Joseph had fun because he had the kids here to play.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great shower. I love the famous couples game. I will have to try it one of these days! I love the game where you ask the questions of the fiance. My sister did that game for me at my bridal shower and SHE had to eat a piece of gum for every question I got right. It ended up that I got all of mine right and she had a big wad of gum in her mouth. It was pretty funny!

Sounds like you did a great job! But I am sure you are glad that it is over. :)