Thursday, December 11, 2008

Letting mommy rest

Last night I was extremely tired. I had a long day at work (nothing compared to Joe's work). When I got home, I just had no energy. I went upstairs after dinner and "watched" Joseph play with his toys. I started to fall asleep. Joseph would talk to me and then I finally did fall asleep. I kept waking up because I felt badly that my little boy wanted attention. At one point when I opened my eyes, Joseph was pulling some toys out of his shopping cart, and he looked my direction. He immediately apologized and said, "I sorry mommy, I make noise." I think he thought he would get in trouble. He let me rest for a little bit more and then I started to really wake up and he came to lay down with me. he lay in my arms. It makes me want to cry because all in all I have been blessed with a sweet, thoughtful little boy. I only slept half an hour, but it helped me finish those things that I needed to for the night.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a sweet little guy. I'm sorry you are so tired. I just know how tired I was all of the time when I was pregnant...even after I couldn't work full time anymore and didn't have a little boy to take care of!

Can't wait to see you soon. I really hope your little guy comes the first week in January (after the 2nd of course).

Michelle said...

oh, and only if he is healthy and ready...I guess I can't be selfish to see him unless he is healthy that early :)

Christina said...

OMGSH!That is so adorable. What a great kid. I can't wait to see him again! How long has it been? 2 1/2 years. Anyway, it's been too long. I <3 you! XOXO