Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween! It is hard to believe that October is over. Joseph learned the meaning of trick or treating. I tried to get him to try on his costume last night, but he cried. I was afraid that he wouldn't wear it today. When he woke up this morning, he wanted to come to work with me. I told him to wait till grandma dropped him off at about 3 p.m. He got to my office and was very excited. All day, he had been telling everyone that he was going to be a shark and go trick or treating. I tried to put on his costume, but he started crying again. It took me half and hour to convince him to wear just the head portion of the costume.Joe's work was having a trick or treating day for all the families. I explained to Joseph that we were going to Joe's work but that he wouldn't be able to get any candies unless he was in his costume. We talked on our car ride. I asked if he was going to wear his shark costume. He said "yes." I asked if he was going to cry and he said, "no." We had little pep talks the entire time (10 minutes). When we got to Joe's work, he was excited to put on his costume. We got a bag for candy and he was ready to go around the office. We went to the bathroom and he didn't cry at all. As we went around, he kept saying that he liked his costume.

They had little games and haunted houses. Joseph made it part way through the first haunted hall. He said, "let's get out of here." He didn't even attempt to go in the second one. I don't think I would have liked the second one either. They did have some carnival games. Joseph golfed and did a bean bag toss to knock over skulls. He did well. He got the first 2 on the first 2 shots and had to take a couple of shots on the last one.

When we went trick or treating tonight, we went to a house that was playing spooky music. I think that they had someone there to scare people in a costume. Luckily they didn't do it with Joseph. He kept saying that he didn't like the house with scary music. I don't blame him. He liked the other homes we visited, till we got to a house that had a very tall man dressed as Frankenstein. It scared him. They had a mini graveyard set up in their yard. We walked a couple of blocks and Joseph wanted to come home. He liked all the candy he was given. As I put him to bed, he apologized for not wearing the costume at my workplace. He is so cute.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun! Such a cute little shark! Did you make that costume?

Vatonurse said...

He is such an adorable shark! I love the fins in the back and the teeth.