Sunday, October 5, 2008

Wedding dress shopping

Yesterday morning we went wedding dress shopping with Alison. She found her dress. After trying on many, many dresses, she found one that fit her well and looked beautiful on her. Of course, she looked good in lots of dresses, but the one she ended up purchasing is perfect for her. I won't post pictures so as not to ruin the surprise. This is Alison in one of the dresses she didn't get. She looked so beautiful in so many of the styles. It is hard to believe that Alison is getting married. She was a miamaid when Joe and I got married. She used to hang out a lot with us her freshman year, now here she is a junior and engaged and on top of that, soon to be married.
Joseph handled everything fairly well. I had a mini pack of nerds and told him to eat them one by one. That kept him occupied for quite a bit of time. Towards the end, he found the dresses to be a nice buffer for running and then throwing himself against them. He liked that they were like big pillows and cushioned him. He even took to hiding under some of the dresses. Luckily the lady was very patient and said it was no problem.

We stopped at D.I. and I found Joseph a bounce and spin zebra. We got home and cleaned it. He is very entertained by it. Joe asked me to run and get my camera, so we missed some really great footage. This morning we could hear him riding his zebra again. I need to start planning his 3rd birthday party. It will probably be at the Bean Museum again. He enjoys it there and a big bonus is that it is free. I thought about changing venues to the Museum of Ancient Life, but it cost a whole lot more.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay! I can't wait to see pictures! I'm so excited that she found the dress and glad you have been able to help her out!

Merde said...

Tina,

I just thought about this, but if Ryan sees your blog...he is going to see Ali's dress!!! Just a thought.

Tina and Joe Rankin said...

I posted a picture of a dress she isn't getting. Thanks for the heads up. I don't know if he reads our blog or not, so we shall see.