Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our weekend


This weekend has been really busy. I have started to go through boxes (after almost a year of living here) and am unpacking. I decided that my books can stay packed because I don't know how soon we will put the house on the market. All the book boxes, Joe had to move. Actually, I had him move a lot of the boxes. I could hardly lift anything. Needless to say, by last night, I was sore and tired. I made a lot of progress, but it doesn't look that way right now. It might get worse before it gets better.

I also packed away Joseph's 2T clothes. Most of them are getting short, even though 3T are still a little too long. I have also began collecting clothes for the next couple of years. I have a 4T box of clothes and a 5T box of clothes. I am mostly lacking in shorts in the 4T category. In 5T, I could use a few more pants. After packing the 2T, I realized Joseph has 1 pair of jeans that are 3T. He has a ton of khakis in that age, not jeans. I left out some of his 2T long sleeved shirts, though the arms are getting a bit short. I also finally got him socks that fit his feet. I realized a couple of weeks ago that I was putting socks on him that were for 18-24 month. Yeah, they were a little tight. I bought him a lot more fun pairs. Some have pirate ships, others gorillas, others have rhinos or other random animals. He also got some sensible socks in colors like green, blue, red and orange. I don't think that he has any white socks. Oh well.

This is Joseph before our walk. I had taken other pictures of him and by this point, he said, "mommy, that's enough." Joseph was wearing his BYU sweats with his BYU socks. Of course, BYU didn't move up in the rankings as much as Texas did. I bet Jeff is very excited.

Yesterday after breakfast, I was working on cleaning something or other. Joseph decided he wanted to go play outside. Of course, Joseph doesn't always ask nicely, and we have a large house, so he was yelling that he wanted to go and play. Well, I was ambitious and decided that we could go for a walk. It was really cold outside, and Joe had told us that it had snowed on him on his way back from class. We walked in a large circle and took a break halfway at D.I. Good ol' DI. I take Joseph there to look at toys and books. That is what we look at. Joseph found himself a powerwheel tractor and he wanted me to get it. Fortunately, I explained that we walked and it was way too big to carry home. He said okay and I then put it back. We didn't find any books, but I was exhausted, so I didn't look too hard. After our walk, we came home. We ate some lunch. I asked if he wanted to watch cartoons, He said yes, so I put some on. Within minutes, he was out cold and slept for over 3 hours. It was my way of tricking him into getting a nap. Meanwhile, I worked on laundry, unpacking boxes, and whatever else. I may have sounded busy, but it took me forever to do even the simplest of tasks.

This is Joseph after our walk. While he was napping, his hair curled up lots. The picture doesn't do justice to how nice and poofy his curls were.

As for potty training, it is still a work in progress. I was finally able to get him to go poops in the toilet after a long hiatus. He is using the toilet more readily, he is just not quite ready for underwear. He wore some glow in the dark ghost underwear for about 5 minutes on Friday. Today he wore a pair of Elmo underwear for 30 minutes. It is a good thing we were having a snack in the kitchen because we were snacking when he commented, "I am peeing in my diaper." Unfortunately, he had no diaper on, only underwear. I still rewarded him for at least trying to wear underwear (he got 3 gummy sharks).

The baby is moving lots more each day. If I watch my belly, I can see him kicking. A friend of mine had twins a few days ago, but she and her family were surprised because she was only expecting one baby. The ultrasound didn't see the second baby. Yikes! I hope that doesn't happen to us. As it is, I will have another ultrasound to check the baby's renal dilation at about 28 weeks. Tuesday is my next appointment. I have my glucose test. I hope it isn't high this time like it was with Joseph. The baby is also sitting lower this pregnancy, so he literally pushes on a nerve that causes pain to shoot up and down my right side. I can't move for a few minutes after he does it. I spent 2 weeks solid in pain, waddling and limping. It has eased up, though I still struggle to pick up my right leg. I shouldn't complain. I don't think anything is as bad as what my sister-in-law, Michelle, went through. Kudos to her for having such a positive attitude about everything.

Joe has been working on the house. He has been busy trying to get our bathroom done. Joseph told him that he needed to clean up the mess so that he could take off his shoes and walk in the bathroom to take a bath. He has almost been with his company for a year. His year mark is November 5th.

No comments: