Saturday, October 18, 2008

Etc., etc., etc...

Tuesday I had my blood glucose levels tested. They had me drink the glucose. It was orange flavored, carbonated, and nasty. The expected level is supposed to be under 130 mg or less, and if it isn't, then you have to do a 3 hour glucose. My levels were at 137. So, like with Joseph, I had to do the 3 hour glucose test. I decided to do it on Saturday. Today I went in at 9 in the morning and had my finger pricked. I had to be fasting. My levels were okay. Each hour for 3 hours I had to be at the doctor's to have my finger pricked. One of my fingers bruised. In total, I was pricked 5 times (they gave me a flu shot). Luckily, my levels were okay. I don't have gestational diabetes! Woo hoo! I was worried, because with my luck, I would have had it and had to have been on a special diet the rest of my pregnancy. I am grateful that is not the case.

I was given a flu shot to help the baby, but the doctor told me that everyone that plans on being near the baby for an extended period will need a flu shot as well. They didn't tell me this with Joseph. So now Joe and Joseph for sure have to get one. Joe is not pleased about this. Joseph started whining about the shot. He told me that he doesn't like shots. Who can blame him.

I was starving after the fast and nearly passed out, but I bought some food and sat down with Joseph. We ate and then came home. I was exhausted when we got home and decided to lay in bed. I thought I could get away with just napping for 10 minutes, but that turned into an hour. It was nice to rest, but I didn't get everything that I wanted to done. I did get Joseph's room organized again. I am trying to get the big room done.
Joseph likes to smile like this for camera shots. It is his new thing of late. My little boy is getting so big. It makes me happy and sad...

Here are some pictures from our fall break yesterday. Joseph enjoyed playing in the leaves for a bit. He made "snow angels" in the leaves and crunched them. He was really good throughout the day. Today he was in an exceptionally good mood. He must have benefited greatly from the almost 12 hours of sleep that he got.

On Monday, Joseph and I visited Meredith and MacKenzie. He was excited to see little MacKenzie. He was happy to see the little baby. He kept exclaiming how little the baby was. He is excited to have a baby brother. He is still calling MacKenzie a him instead of her. Now all he talks about is wanting things for little MacKenzie. If it were up to him, we would play with her everyday.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you don't have gestational diabetes! Yay!!! I love the pictures of Joseph and the video! It's fun to see Meredith, MacKenzie & Joseph. Sooo cute! Can't wait to see ya'll in a few months!

Vatonurse said...

Eeewww...I had to take the 3 hour glucose test TWICE. That orange drink is totally unappetizing. Glad everything worked out with the test and you are healthy and diabetes free!