Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I work with some of the nicest people in the world. They are great! I just love that I have been blessed to meet them. A couple of my coworkers love Joseph. They think of him all the time, which reminds me that Joseph and I need to make them thank you cards. They have given him books (which he loves) and toys (which he loves as well). This week, Jim, my supervisor gave him a box full of packing peanuts. They are made of starch, so if you get them wet, they stick together. Joseph was so excited. Instead of calling them peanuts, Joe kept calling them nuts. Well, my son is 2 (almost 3) and was very excited to share the news with his uncle Ziggy. Imagine Joseph in little blue footed pajamas, clean from a bath, his really long curly hair on his head. Now picture a large box of green packing peanuts. Joseph has been sticking his toys in the box the past couple of days. Joe, Ziggy, and I were at the kitchen table. Joseph ran to the hall where his box of peanuts are and yells to Ziggy, "Come look at my nuts!!" Now picture Joe and Ziggy choking on their food, laughing and turning red in the face, especially because Joseph keeps yelling it over and over again. In walks Esteban. Joseph is telling him about his packing peanuts and then says, "Come play with my nuts." More choking, sputtering, laughing and red faces from the 3 "men" in the kitchen. Poor Joseph doesn't know why they are laughing at him. He just wants someone to play with him. I laughed because they were cracking up. I would have grabbed the camera, but I didn't want poor Joseph to be blackmailed the rest of his life. Of course, writing it down will have the same consequence, but a much lesser one...hopefully.

Joseph typically puts socks on his hands and says that he is Huggly. Two nights ago, he took one sock and put it on one hand. I asked if he was being Huggly again and he said, "No. Like sleepyhead." Tonight Joseph helped me prepare instant mashed potatoes. Can I tell you that I have no energy after work whatsoever? Cooking is so hard to do. Joseph sat at the table and ate a lot of mashed potatoes from the bowl while I was preparing the gravy. He also ate a lot of roast beef, cold, from the night before.

Tonight we went to buy crickets for his toad. I made up a little song that had a chorus of "I have a handsome, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute little boy!" I said why we love our handsome cute little boy. I sung lots of reasons. The smile on Joseph's face was so wide. After I stopped singing, he asked me to sing it again and again. Each time I sung it, I changed the words and added more things. He kept wanting to hear the Joseph song. Boy do I love that kid!!

It seems like Joe has formulated a plan. If we can sell the house in the next few months, we will move to an apartment, possibly in Pennsylvania. That means that we will drive cross country, visit our family in Texas for a week, drive to Jersey and spend a few weeks there, and then head to our new place. Joe will then go to graduate school while I take care of the little ones. The plan is based on lots of factors that are out of our control. I just hope and pray that Heavenly Father will bless us to know the path that is right for our growing little family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

two year olds are awesome. i just love them.

if you guys come through texas, and are in our area, you have to let us know. we would love to see your family again!

Vatonurse said...

What part of PA are you planning to move to? You are going to have to let us know, we would love to meet up to visit.