Friday, October 24, 2008

Call of the wild

We are still working on getting Joseph potty trained. He just says, "no thanks." Well, he is also a very modest kid. He doesn't like to walk around in the buff. Sunday we were going to go for a walk and he was wearing underwear. I discussed that if he needed to go to the bathroom, we might have to stop and he would need to go behind a bush or something like that.

I was surprised at how excited he got. We were ready to leave and I decided that we would go outside and pick some of the apples off of our tree in our backyard. We hadn't tried them and I was curious to see if they were good (they are really good and we picked 4 grocery bags full). Joseph refused to go to the toilet in the house because he wanted to go outside. I took off his pants and underwear and I placed him on the sidewalk. I was amazed at how excited he was to go to the bathroom outside. While I picked some of the apples, he started to yell excited, "I peeing outside!" My liitle modest boy was standing free and easy on the sidewalk in our backyard going to the bathroom. Must be a boy thing.

He did well the rest of the walk. He did want to go poops outside, but I had to draw the line somewhere. He wore underwear for 7 hours without incident. Too bad he has to go to grandma's where he feels that he doesn't need to go to the toilet or even try underwear. He says that he doesn't have to at grandma's. It may be a little longer before he decides on his own that he is completely ready.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I thought it was funny that he was peeing outside, so I told Jeff and Jeff thought it was "normal." I guess it is a boy thing! At least it is helping him get potty trained! :)