Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

The kids on Thanksgiving day. This is after the feast. I didn't get any pictures of it.
The family gathered together to eat. Of course, this is after the meal. On the way over, I spilled ham juices all over my jeans and had to borrow some pants. As you can see, the kids are almost taller than me.

Happy Thanksgiving! As we spent time with our family here in Utah with my family, I am grateful that we were able to eat good food and enjoy good company. My brother came in from California. It is great to see him. Edward had to have stitches. He got hit in the eye by some guy that they were playing flag football with.

I am thankful for:

My husband. It is hard to believe that we have been married for almost 7 years. 2 boys, 2 houses, 1 graduation and many challenges later, he is still the man I love. I am grateful that he is around and that he likes to establish traditions. He is a great father to our boys.

My Joseph. He is getting so big and is so inquisitive and fun. He is my little chatterbox. I love that he loves life and is so excited about everything. He is a great big brother and is always watching out for Samuel. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with him. He loves family home meeting, as he calls it. We are always singing the "snowman song" witha slight variation to the "pumpkin song" around Halloween.

My Samuel. My crawling, curious boy is always trying to get to things that he shouldn't play with. He loves wires and stairs. It is so fun to see him smile and interact with his big brother and his daddy. I love his little smile and how excited he gets when he pulls himself up to standing. He is my bouncy boy.

My family everywhere. I have so many supportive and loving people around me that are there for me and my family. It is hard not to be close to everyone and see them more often, but I am grateful for the moments that we have been given, no matter how long or how short they are.

Our health. We have our moments of sickness, I am just grateful that we pull through them and are still happy. I have been cancer free for 3 years now and am so grateful.

Time. I am grateful that I have time to spend with my boys. They are such a great blessing. It reminds me of a song that I loved to hear, but that I don't get to listen to often since Joe despises country music. Some of the words to the chorus are:
Let me watch my children grow, to see what they become...
Oh Lord don't let that cold wind blow, till I'm too old to die young.
Those words echo in my mind often as I look at my two little boys and it is a prayer that I pray for everyday. I am grateful that I can rear them and do things with them.

Chocolate. What more can I say there. :)

I may continue with more later, but for the moment I need to get my little boy who is starting to cry because I closed the door to the closet where the mirror was hidden.

2 comments:

Vatonurse said...

Great pic of the kids and the family. FYI, it doesn't take much to get taller than you :-) but it's still surprising to see how tall they are getting (especially Kayla). I'm glad things are going great for y'all out there.

Tina and Joe Rankin said...

Hey...not all of us were lucky enough to get the recessive tall genes in the family. ;)