Monday, November 16, 2009

Joseph and the Lost World

In many of the cartoons and movies that Joseph has watched, people run across dinosaurs in a lost world. Joseph has contemplated this often and asked me on several occasions, "Mommy, where is the lost world?" Obviously, if it is lost, that means that no one knows where it is, but that is beside the point. This morning, as Joe and I were sleeping, Joseph brought in his dinosaurs and set them up on our comforter that is at the foot of our bed. He set up his dinosaurs in his own little lost world. He then pretended to visit it. He stomped around for awhile pretending to be a t-rex and Samuel was the baby t-rex. Joseph was teaching him how to roar and it scared Samuel a little. He then quickly said, "I'm sorry Samuel." Here is a conversation we had:

Mommy: "Joseph, when you grow up, are you going to find the lost world?"
Joseph: "Yes. I am going to find the lost world. I will be careful and be safe. I will take daddy with me so I won't be alone and scared."

It was cute. Another question he asked today, "why do we have bones?" This he asked himself and I overheard as we were watching "Legacy" during primary. He sat there examining his wrist and holding it with his other hand before he asked the question. At dinner tonight, he asked us the same question and we answered it. He then said that we are made of water (we have had the discussion before and I told him that most of our body is made of water, not including percentages).

1 comment:

Alison Russell said...

i must say that "conversations with joseph" are some of my favorite posts :D