Friday, November 13, 2009

Dang alarm

Samuel has gotten into the awful habit of waking up at night and refusing to go back to sleep. He purposely wakes himself up. Last night he screamed and cried from 11:30 till he finally fell asleep around 1:30 a.m. I was carrying him and trying to rock him, which only served to anger him more. I think it is time to let him cry it out. We haven't tried before because we are afraid he will wake up Joseph, plus the crib is at the opposite side of the house.

It took Joseph 3 nights and then he was good. Hopefully it will only last a few nights. Joseph cried for 3 hours the first night, about an hour and half the second night, and 30 minutes the last night. It was hard, but I don't think I can take too many more nights of trying to get him to sleep and he just screams anyway. Tonight the crib goes into the basement bedroom so I can sleep in the family room on the couch while he screams it out. I want to be close, but I will have to be strong, otherwise he will continue to stay awake and keep us up with him.

I forgot to turn off the alarm. Joseph was scared last night, so fell asleep in our room, so rather than move him, Joe went to sleep in Joseph's room. At 6:40 this morning, the alarm went off (radio talk show) and it took me awhile to realize it was on. Of course, the talking woke Samuel up. Darn it. I am tired, won't be able to take a nap, and have a long day ahead of me. I guess I will start to look for more jobs.

No comments: