Monday, August 31, 2009

Service with a smile...

On Saturday, the compassionate service leader asked me to take dinner to a sister who had recently had a baby. She told me the sister was less active, not married, and living with her (and she didn't know what to call him) "husband". I told her it would fine and that Monday would be best for me.

Today I ran some food over there, and no one answered the door. To top things off, as I parked my car, a lady in another car was glaring at me. As I headed towards the yard of the family I had cooked for, she said very rudely, "Excuse me. You parked in my spot (public road). " I explained that I would only be a couple of minutes because I was delivering food to someone who had a baby. She said, "I had to park in my landlord's spot." Once again I explained that I would be gone in a couple of minutes and she could park right after I left. She then said, very snottily, "I can't come back outside." Snarl. She was so mean. Maybe she had a bad day, but do not take it out on the person that was trying to do something nice for someone else.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Ahhhh...the joys of service! Not always well received by people, and sometimes not a pleasant experience. It also reminds me of when I totaled our car on a way to a Welfare meeting. Sorry things don't always go smoothly!

Brittney said...

I'm sorry that happened. I really don't like grumpy strangers. We need to get together again sometime soon! I hope you don't mind that I used a couple of your pics on my blog. Thanks for taking them!