Sunday, August 16, 2009

Joseph's first talk


Today Joseph gave his first talk in church. It was in primary and it was on temples. To prepare for the talk, Joseph and I went to D.I. to find a picture of the temple. It was late and the only nice pics of the temple that we have are packed away somewhere. The one that is out right now is really large. We found a small frame and picture of the Logan temple.

Yesterday and today we practiced what he would say. He set up the picture and would say, "Families can stay together. We need to be good in church." I would ask him, "Why are temples special?" He would answer, "Because God and Jesus live there." Each time, what he said would vary a little from this. I also would encourage him to say that we make promises to God in the temple.

Today we dressed him up for church and put on his little tie (I will post a couple of pictures later). Primary finally started and we got up for his talk. I set up the picture on the podium. He said,"You need to be good at church." I asked him why temples are special and he said, "God and Jesus talk to people there." I asked what temples do. He repeated the question and then I told him that families could be together forever. He repeated that as well. He then mentioned that we make promises to God to be good. It was such a sweet little talk. I think he forgot what he practiced, but he did such an amazing job. He wasn't nervous. His little high pitched voice had every adult in the room smiling.

After church he was a bit disappointed because he said he didn't give his talk. I told him he had in primary and he said his teachers didn't let him. I think he thought he was also going to talk in his sunbeam class.

Joseph...I am so proud of you. You make me so happy and I am grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with such a sweet, smart, and handsome little boy. Thank you for all the hugs and kisses that you give me. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's so cute. You do such a good job teaching him.