Friday, August 7, 2009

Sea of "Green"

Thanks to Bryan, Mark, Freddy, Ziggy, Edward, and my handsome hubbie for working hard all evening getting this sod in place. Also, thanks to Rocky Mountain Turf Farm for delivering such nice grass on short notice. :) Part of my thanks to the guys was buying them pizza and drinks. I went to Costco for their pizza and to buy special "diet" foods for Ziggy and Edward. I had Joseph in a cart. I put the cart next to Samuel's door so I could put Samuel next to Joseph in the cart. Our spot was slightly sloped...I didn't realize that when I parked there. So the next thing I know, as I am reaching for Samuel and taking him out of his seat, I hear Joseph yelling, "Mommy, mommy, I am rolling away." I turn around to see him in the cart rolling out into the parking lot driving area. Luckily for me, a lady ran and caught the cart. She brought Joseph and the cart back to me and held it for me while I put Samuel in. Thanks to her as well (and Heavenly Father for protecting my little boy).

Before: Little boy heaven...dirt all around (front yard)
Dirt all around (one small section of the backyard)
After (the front of the house)...hopefully some "green" will come our way soon. :)
The backyard (not quite complete at the time this was taken).
Jospeh loved the new grass and was running around and around with his bare feet. He is so excited to have soft stuff to run around on. We had about 900 extra square feet. We are giving it to my parents so they can use it in the backyard and replace what died in the front yard. I think this will be the 3rd time they will have put sod in the front yard...3rd time is a charm?

So, I have been to a couple of garage sales in the past couple of weeks. I found a bedding set that I have wanted for Joseph and also a castle. This morning we went to one in Orem. There were some Chevron cars in their packages. Joseph went to ask the older woman how much they cost. She looked at him and took them from him and said, "These are collector's items. They are not supposed to be taken out of the package and played with. These are for collectors." I wasn't going to pay "collector's" prices for toys that he can play with and that you can often find at DI for $1. At least he found a couple of dinosaur toys. Last week, some lady was offering the castle owner more money even though she knew I was buying it and saw Joseph playing with it. I had to pay more for it than he originally quoted me, and when she saw me taking it, she said I was mean (I am still a little bitter about it). All in all, garage saling has been an interesting experience.

No comments: