Saturday, August 8, 2009

"Solo un pedacito..."

Translation: (Only a little piece). Today I was washing dishes and I looked out the window because a truck pulled up. An older gentleman walked out of the truck. I thought he was going to make an offer on the extra sod we have or to ask about the house. Instead, he started taking pieces of sod that were already cut. I told Joe and he thought it was okay. Well, he started to take from our extra rolls of sod. I told Joe and so I went outside and asked if I could help him. He spoke Spanish and was saying that he only needed little pieces. He didn't mention the fact that he had taken a roll of sod, and I decided not to be confrontational about it.

Well, my brothers and Joe are taking the sod to my parents and I went outside to check on them. Who was back? Our sod taking guest had returned for "mas pedacitos."

After taking sod the first time, he even used our hose to wash his hands. That is pretty audacious! If you look at the pics, you can see the sprinkler system that Joe installed working. I have an amazingly talented and handsome husband!

No comments: