Sunday, April 11, 2010

Samuel the terrible sleeper

Lately Samuel has turned into a horrid sleeper. He is a light sleeper as it is, but things have only been worse. Tonight he screamed and screamed. He worked himself up into a frenzy. Joe went in to comfort and carry him. He was relentless. I tried my hand. I gave him a sippy cup with water and held him. He seemed to calm down. Then he started to scream even more. Unfortunately for us, that meant my mom had to come to the door. She wouldn't leave till she took him upstairs.

Anyways. I don't know what is wrong. I don't know if he is hurting, which some of the cries sound like he is. I don't know if he is being a stinker, which sometimes I think he is. He has his 15 month check-up in a few weeks, but I don't know if I can take much more of this every night. This morning he woke up at 5 crying. He was still sleepy and wasn't really hungry. Part of me wonders if it has to do with the renal pelvic dilation before he was born, but I am not sure. I need to talk to the doctor this week if things don't improve. :P

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I hope you are able to figure it out soon. That can't be fun/good for any of you! :(