Friday, April 9, 2010

Just another day with my boys

Can I say I love my boys? Well, I love them so much. They make my heart so happy. Joseph has some funny sayings that I don't quite know why he chooses to say them. For instance, when I am sitting him on the toilet, he usually says, "It has to be a comfortable age." He then waits till he is comfortable before he lets me let him go. The water also needs to be "the right age" when he is taking a bath. I think that he is referring to the depth, but I can't really be sure.



Joseph and Samuel have a lot of fun interacting with each other. Often, when I carry Samuel around, he will whip his little head around looking for his big brother and then laugh uncontrollably when he sees him. Joseph loves to stomp around, make funny faces, and make his little brother laugh. On this particular day, I had just changed Samuel and was washing my hands. I walked into the bedroom and found that Samuel had pushed his diaper box against the bed and was using it to climb on and off. He finally learned that if he goes down backwards, he can get off without hurting himself.



Samuel loves pasta. When he feeds himself, he usually misses a lot. It is funny to watch him stuff his face and miss. He does like to try the open palm method, which allows a lot of his food to fall out of his hand before it reaches his mouth. I sweep after every meal because he is a messy eater. Tonight I left him too close to the table and he threw his plate on the floor, scattering corn and pasta everywhere.



Working on his fine motor skills. He loves peas because he can grab them easily, squeeze them and eat them...plus they are just tasty. I love those cute chubby hands. He has also learned to slide puzzle pieces on his chunky knob puzzle into the right place.



This is the house that mom built in the toy room for Joseph. He has gone "shopping" and the house is full of books, toys, movies and other random things that he feels are necessary for his home. I guess it is ready for when he marries Nahli, who today asked him if it was okay for them to get married. She is just following up to be sure he doesn't get cold feet. :) Of course, now Joseph begs for me to build this house everyday so he can play in it. Each time I build it, I need to tear it down at nap time and at bed time.

No comments: