Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Of teeth and tears

Yesterday was Joseph's first visit to the dentist. He was cranky because he was hungry, plus he is scared of doctors. They sat him down for some teeth x-rays and he cried. He has no cavities. In the pics of his teeth, you can see his adult teeth coming in. Crazy. I took him to a pediatric dentist. They had a playhouse, arcade games, and movies playing to entertain kids. None of it distracted Joseph from the fact that he would be seeing the dentist. I tried to explain to him for days what would happen, but he didn't want to listen. We even read a book about going to the dentist a few times. It is a Little Critter book by Mercer Mayer. It still didn't help. Joseph cried again when they went to count his teeth. The dentist seemed really nice. They told me that his top jaw is small and that room might need to be made for his adult teeth.

We went to get breakfast afterwards. He was so hungry that he was shaking. That kind of worries me. My mom thinks that he is diabetic. She thinks he pees too much. I tell her that he doesn't wet himself at night. He can last 10-12 hours of sleep without having an accident. I don't really think so. He complains of being tired a lot. I think it is because he might be anemic. I was borderline anemic as a child. Last night I went and bought him vitamins with iron. I will see if that improves his tiredness.

No comments: