Sunday, April 26, 2009

Samuel and Joseph

Samuel is definitely exploring the world around him. He is trying to sit up on his own. Today at church, I had him on my lap. I had him propped up on my belly. He did a crunch and sat straight up. He then found my engagement ring and kept playing with it. It was cute to watch how much he concentrated on moving has hands to my hand with the ring. It was also funny because I went to the mother's lounge to feed him and 2 young girls were playing in the room. When they saw that I was planning on feeding him, one of the girls said, "I want to watch you start." Then she and her sister sat on the chair in front of me. I got out my Peanut shell to cover myself. One of the girls, the older sister, got up to help me put it on. She then got my face in her two hands and kissed me on the cheek. She then asked how long I was going to be so she could come back and visit me. I was really uncomfortable. I had him fed and changed before she came back. I had put Samuel sitting up on the chair while I grabbed my diaper bag. The little girl tried to pick him up. I picked him up before she did and asked her if she could help me by opening the door.

Joseph came home from sunbeams today and told me that his class was great. He said that he learned about Adam and Eve in the garden. When they were in the garden, they lived with animals and they were nice. There were tigers and bears and deer there. He then explained that Adam and Eve ate the bad fruit and then there were prickly things so they had to wear shoes. The animals were not nice anymore. It was so fun to hear him explain the lesson. He did a great job.

No comments: