Friday, April 24, 2009

Joe's high-rolling night

Last night Joe got invited by the CFO and CTO of his company to go to dinner and a basketball game. He went to a restaurant called Fleming's. He said it was delicious. He ate a filet mignon ($60), a side of asparagus ($15), and water. They also had appetizers. Price Waterhouse Cooper treated them as a "thank you" for doing business. After dinner they went to the playoff game: Jazz versus the Lakers. The Jazz won. Joe and his company buddies were on the 24th row, right in the middle ($160). All in all, Joe had a great time. I am so glad that he was invited...he definitely deserves it.

I went to finish my exit interview today. I turned in my keys and my laptop. My last work day they had been planning a party for me. I had taken a half day, so they ended up having to cancel it. My interview was at 9 in the morning. Samuel had just woken up and was hungry, Joseph was hungry and "shirsty." They were both with me. Fun times. This reminds of something that happened yesterday. I went to pick Joe up from work. We got there 10 minutes early. The entire car ride there, Samuel was screaming. As soon as I parked, I got Samuel out. I unbuckled Joseph. He was out for less than a minute when he said that he needed to go to the bathroom. I was carrying Samuel and went to get Joseph. Then Joseph's nose started to bleed. I didn't have anything in the car, so I was running to the bathroom carrying Samuel, and holding Joseph's hand. His nose was bleeding a lot. It got over all of his clothes. Luckily, I saw one of Joe's coworkers. She went to get him. He grabbed Samuel for me and then I took Joseph to the bathroom to get him cleaned up. Exciting times! :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

And WELCOME to being a full-time stay at home mom! Bloody noses everywhere! Oh man! And now I know what I look forward to leaving when I leave Ernst & Young (since PwC is one of the other big 4). Ahh yes, goodbye the days where spending a couple $100 of the company's money is like pocket change.... (ummm with approval of course. I didn't just go and blow money!)

Oh, and that is too bad you missed your going away party!