Friday, June 19, 2009

Pictures of us

It has been a long time since I have posted pictures. This picture is of the 4 Rankin grandkids. We weren't sure when we would have all of them together, so we thought it would be a good idea to take pictures the 1 day we were all together. It was an adventure trying to get all the kids to smile for the camera. Tons of pictures, but I am not sure if we have one with all 4 of them smiling.
In this picture, 3 of the 4 grandkids are smiling. Look at my cute boys. You will also note how light Samuel's hair looks.

Joseph playing in his old jumperoo. He didn't like it when he was a baby, but now, look at him.


Samuel on his belly. He almost looks happy. This is the before picture. I love the little outfit that Emily gave him with the dinosaurs.

Here is Samuel at Olive Garden. I met all of my coworkers there on May 20 for a lunch. Samuel didn't know what to make of the sandals on his feet. He kept straightening his legs to look at them and then he would try and touch them.
Samuel's bald spot. It is more bald on the side he prefers to lay on. He might need a helmet to help his little head get more rounded.
Samuel smiling before church. What a cutie!!

Trying to take a picture of all 3 of us together is hard. I can't reach far enough to get all of us in the picture and make it look nice.
My cute baby. His eyes are starting to turn brown. :( I was hoping they would stay blue-gray.

We have been to the Bean Museum a ton. We have gone for story time and just to look at the animals. When we were there on Wednesday, the lady at the desk let Joseph choose 2 insects he liked so he could keep them. He gave her a hug and said thank you.
Joseph is touching Thunder, the box tortoise. He also got to touch him this past Wednesday. The week before, Joseph got to touch a bearded dragon named Colonel Mustard. The dragon was yellow with spikes. Joseph held it in his lap and touched his spikes that he said were tickly.
Joe looks thrilled in this picture. Samuel is just chilling on his daddy's lap and Joseph is happy to have him home from work.

Joseph next to an apatosaurus vertebrae. It would be cool to see a dinosaur that was not a meat eater in real life.
Here is Joseph next to Kronosaurus. ***Correction: Joseph told me tonight that this is not Kronosaurus, but actually Deinosuchus (6/26/09). He is right.***We went to the Museum of Paleontology at BYU. It is small, but has some cool specimens, both rock and fossil.

Here is Joseph next to T-rex's head. My what sharp teeth you have!!

Joseph and the dinosaur footprint. Mommy and her Joseph. I am so grateful that I am able to stay home with him. I know he is happy too. I love my little boys so much.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love the pictures! And I can't believe how much Samuel looks like Joe in some of the pictures.