Saturday, June 13, 2009

Everything testifies that there is a God

So I am sitting here looking at my beautiful baby boy. It is amazing to me just how perfect and wonderful he is. As I contemplate the blessings that I have been given, I am grateful to my loving Heavenly Father and all He does for me. He hears and answers our prayers.

I sometimes wonder how people don't see God in all the beauty that surrounds us. Our bodies are amazing. They can heal themselves. How awesome is that! I look at my little boys and their little fingers and toes, their little faces, their beautiful eyes...how can you not see divinity reflected in creation? It amazes me that Heavenly Father loves us so much. He is reflected in us. Whether or not we see it, He is there. We are His children.

People struggle and have a hard time. Some people try to dismiss him because they cannot "prove" He exists. If they see the complexity and simplicity of all life on Earth, does it not make them wonder if there is a higher power directing creation.

All of us have trials in our lives. It is easy to forget that we don't have to go through them alone. Heavenly Father surrounds us with people to help us. If we ever doubt that, all we need to do is ask. I don't know how many times I have doubted myself or something and Heavenly Father provides an answer or a reassurance.

I think that is why I love the primary song, "A Child's Prayer." Heavenly Father are you really there, and do you hear and answer every child's prayer? The reassurance comes time and time again for me. "You are his child, his love now surrounds you. He hears your prayers..." I know my Father loves me and that he has blessed me so much. I am grateful for Him and all He does for me and my family.

No comments: