Thursday, June 4, 2009

Oh so many things to do

We have had a busy week. Aside from Gymboree having an awesome sale (I should never enter that store), I took Joseph and Samuel to the Museum of Art (MOA) at BYU and the Bean Museum. Joseph loved the MOA, especially since they were having a garbage art exhibit and a toy art exhibit. It was a lot of fun. Joseph really loved the toy art. His favorite garbage exhibit was with styrofoam packing peanuts. The peanuts were in a corner and occassionally a fan would cause them to blow and dance along the wall. He was laughing and enjoying himself thoroughly. I put Samuel facing the peanut exhibit and when it started, his little eyes widened in amazement. Each time it happened, he would have the same reaction! He is so adorable. They won't let us take pictures which is a shame. I would have loved to film Samuel's reaction to the show. There was a school group there and they were talking about how cute Joseph was as he ran from one painting to another exclaiming that someone had painted "a huge picture." He was not excited to go at first, but once we were there, he was in heaven.

At the Bean Museum, we did an animal scavenger hunt. Joseph also watched a clip on bugs (he is completely fascinated with them at the moment). We also stayed for the plants and animals of Utah show that starts at 7:30 p.m. He got to touch a box turtle and a corn snake. The girl was holding the snake answering questions, so Joseph took advantage of the situation and kept playing with the snake and touching it. He thought it was cool. He didn't want to touch the "rantula" that pooped on the girl that was giving the show. Samuel did well, but the show lasted longer than anticipated, so he was uber cranky by the time we got home.

Today I spent a lot of time cleaning the house and organizing. A bunch of realtors are walking through our house tomorrow. It is clean. I told my dad to let them know that we are motivated sellers. We just want some offers to come in. I also went to Gymboree to return a shirt. I ended up buying some sandals for Joseph. They are having a sale where you get an additional 30% off of your entire purchase, even the clearance items. It makes for some very good prices on clothing and shoes. I bought a ton of underwear for Joseph that only cost 70 cents a piece. He also got a one piece dinosaur pajama set that he loves because it has apatosaurus on it. There were some monster galoshes on sale, so I bought those too. Anyways, Gymboree is the best place to buy clothes. I love their little girl clothing. It is a good thing that we don't have a girl, because I would go broke on buying things for her at Gymboree.

I have lots of pictures that I need to post of the various trips we have done to different places. Samuel is getting bigger and more aware of his surroundings. He enjoys sitting up, but still can't do it very well on his own. Joseph loves to help me with him. If we were to cut Samuel's hair, his hair would be dirty blonde. Right now it looks like he dyed his hair and that his natural color is at the roots. His hair looks streaked. I need to post pics of that also. Anyways, we have been busy. I miss my coworkers a lot, but I am so grateful that I am home with my little ones. Joseph and I spend a lot of time playing memory. We are going to take some family pics in the next few weeks. I also have an eye doctor appointment in a couple of weeks. I think I will be getting some glasses. We shall see (heh, heh, heh...no pun intended). ;)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I want to see pictures and I loved your pun ;)