Thursday, March 12, 2009

So...what do you think?

I chopped my hair off today. I have been wanting to do it for a long time. I donated my hair to locks of love. They cut off over a foot of hair. This style looked longer in the picture that I saw. Joe is very diplomatic and says that it is just different. He won't say it looks good or bad. I have to agree. For me, the jury is still out. It is shorter than I have had it in at least 12 years. Time goes by fast. I look old. In some of my pics, I look like my grandma Olivia. I also have a huge zit that won't go away. It has been around since before Samuel was born. At least I have only found a couple of gray hairs and the haircut and style were free because I donated.

I had Samuel and Joseph with me. Joseph needed to go potty a couple of times while she was cutting my hair and Samuel woke up hungry wanting to be carried and fed. Joseph also rearranged their hair products on the shelves. It made for a long time in the salon.
I love it when Samuel falls asleep like this after a feeding. It looks like he has just breathed a sigh of relief and drifted off to rest.

My two boys sleeping next to each other. Samuel vomited after a feeding and Joseph had gone into our room to sleep in our bed, so I took the bouncy chair and went to sleep in Joseph's room. Joseph came back in later to sleep with mommy. Samuel was asleep in his bouncy chair.

He sleeps better when he is swaddled. For 3 nights he slept for a six hour stretch when swaddled. Last night it was 5 hours. He only woke up for a feeding at 4:30 and didn't wake up again till about 8 a.m. I hope this keeps up. isn't he cute?
Joseph's other new sayings:
1. "That's an idea."
2. "Let me think," as he holds his pointer finger to his chin and taps it.
3. "I have a color and its name is yellow." or "I have a snack and its name is applesauce." or he has something and its name is ___________(fill in the blank).
4. "Let's pack this so we can take it to New Jersey."
5. "I am going to miss you when you go back to work." This one makes me sad. I almost cry everytime he says it.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I like the cut! I feel like it accentuates your pretty face. It's so fun to try something new! Where did you go to get the style and cut free when you donated? I spent a ton on mine when I donated my hair. The fun thing about cutting it way short is that as it grows you get to try a bunch of new looks. I really like the length mine is at right now.

Also, love love love the pictures of your little ones! Thanks for posting...it makes me feel not so far away!

Brittney said...

I like the cut! Cute and sassy!

Tina and Joe Rankin said...

I went to Great Clips. Apparently they don't charge for the haircut if you donate to locks of love.

Vatonurse said...

I like your hair cut, I haven't seen it that short since right before your mission. I agree with Joe, it is different, but it's a good different.