Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Another day of work

Well. Today was a good day. I went back to work yesterday. I had Samuel with me and I dropped off Joseph at Grandma's house. It was so hard to leave him, especially when he has been saying in the past couple of weeks that he will miss me. Now he is volunteering his money so that I can stay home. The decision has been a tough one, but I think I have made up my mind. Today I opened a fortune cookie and it said, "Children will play an important role in your life." Joe's fortune read, "A miracle will soon occur." I am hoping so. We are putting the house on the market on April 1st. We figured that we have till July to sell. We still need to paint the whole house again, tile one floor, pack and clean a ton. It is overwhelming to think of all that needs to be cleaned. I don't even know where to start.

Work has been okay...not too busy yet. I do have to work with marketing to create t-shirt designs. I have some ideas, I just am not the most artistic of people. Typically I have good ideas, just not the best manner of demonstrating said ideas. I did have a surprise meeting yesterday with UVU's biotechnology advisory board. It was at McGrath's fish house. I ordered shrimp (Yay for seafood!!). My supervisor wasn't expecting me, but when he saw I was back, he invited me to come. I had Samuel. Part way through the meeting I had to feed him. There was no place in the bathroom, plus I felt it was gross to feed him in there. I asked an employee and they led me to an area of the restaurant that no one was in. She closed the blinds for me and everything.

Today I had Joseph and Samuel with me. Samuel was more fussy today than yesterday. Joseph was really good. I have such a sweet boy. He can be bossy and whiny at times, but he is a little angel.

Before I forget, it is so much to watch Samuel and Joseph interact. Samuel watches Joseph when he gets close to him. Of course, Joseph is overly zealous when he plays with his baby brother. For instance, tonight Samuel was on the bed. Before I knew it, Joseph was hopping right next to him. Any closer, and Joseph would have landed on Samuel's head. Whew. I am glad it didn't happen. It is cute when I am feeding Samuel. He has taken to having "conversations" with me during his meal. I will feed him on one side and when I try to feed him on the other, he pushes away with his little arms and looks at me and starts to babble. It is the cutest thing. His face gets very expressive and he keeps his eyes on me. He smiles a lot when he is "talking." I love it. He reminds me so much of Joseph as a baby, only more tempermental.

2 comments:

Danika said...

My favorite fortune was the one that said, "Help! Help! I'm trapped in a fortune cookie factory!"

Tina and Joe Rankin said...

That is hilarious!