Sunday, September 21, 2008

What to do?

So our water heater hasn't been functioning well...again. On Tuesday, the water heater repair guy came and said that it worked just fine. He left; it went out again. I called on Wednesday. They couldn't get anyone to see us until Friday, meanwhile, no hot water for baths, showers, etc. Friday came and I was planning on missing half a day, as I did on Tuesday. I had to wait from 9 to 1. I waited and after 1 p.m., no one had come or called. I called the contractors and the home warranty company had decided to get another company for a second opinion. I called the home warranty company and they said they would have someone for me to contact later that day. Well, I waited and called several times, each time being told that they were working on it. 7 p.m. came and went and we were told to wait till Saturday for a call. Did a call come? Of course not. So I am sitting at home tonight, irritated that we don't have hot water, that Joe or I will need to miss work again, and that we still have no hot water. I had better get a call from them by 9 a.m., or they will have a big piece of my mind. Why did the home warranty company wait until Friday to decide they needed a second opinion? Could they have not done it on Wednesday or Thursday?

At least on the days I have waited, I have had Joseph with me. He is cute and has enjoyed the time. We played, cleaned his room (again and again), read books (he loves Huggly books), went to the doctor (he has a virus), ate, cooked (jell-o, eggs, and so forth). He has been using the toilet more often, but still no underwear. Now he uses the excuse, "I need to go to the bathroom, let's hurry!" to get out of taking a nap or going to bed. Smart kid. He knows that we want him to use the toilet. That is also the only time that he says that he wants to use underwear (he knows I won't let him till he is more trained).

Yesterday at church, Joseph was singing to the hymns. It was more muttering/humming, but he was trying. It is cute to watch him anytime a prayer is said. He starts to say the prayer as well, but his are shorter, so he always ends with "amen" before the person does. He really enjoys nursery, but because he was sick yesterday he couldn't go. After we left church, he pretended that there were little crocodiles all around us. We talked to them and even rolled down our window so one could come home with us.

Saturday was our stake give and take. I went on Friday to drop off some stuff, including some of Joseph's toys. He cried and cried, until he found a replacement. I found a few baby boy things, but the predominant clothing type was little girls. I did buy some baby clothes off of someone on Craigslist and I think that I am set for the first 6 months. Now I need to find the rest of my baby clothes. Joseph likes to get the liitle beanies and say, "I wore this when I was borned."

Yesterday, Joseph had daddy's hat and put it on backwards. He said, "this is like Huggly." He said this as he sat on his toilet. He likes his daddy's hat.

I can feel the baby move a lot more. His kicks are more visible from the outside now. Still no name, but maybe one day we will get around to thinking of one.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow, good luck with your water heater situation! That does NOT sound like fun! I'm glad the baby's kicking a lot - such a cool feeling!

Unknown said...

hey tina i found your blog and wanted to say hi! congratulations on the new pregnancy, little boys are so much fun!!