Saturday, September 6, 2008

And so it begins

Now that I know that we are having a boy (I would be really surprised if we weren't), it is time to start preparing. I got rid of our crib during our move, so that is something we need. We didn't have a swing, so I would like to get one. I did buy a bouncy chair, but Joseph thinks it is his. Often we will find him sitting in it. He will turn the vibrations on and chill in the seat. We have a jumperoo somewhere, but I have no idea where that is at. I am contemplating whether I want a changing table, seeing as I did not have one with Joseph. I need an infant car seat, as well as a carseat for when he is either too long or weighs 2o somewhat pounds.

I am also trying to get clothes for the baby. I have some baby clothes, which I have to look for. I never did have that much for the 0-3 month category. Someone had given me some, but when she found out her sister was pregnant, she asked for them back. It was nice to have for Joseph, but now I have nothing for my little one. I did buy a couple of things today, and I will slowly start to accumulate clothing. Shopping for Joseph has its benefits too. Now I know that if I buy him things, his little brother can use them too. :)

We finally got Joseph out of his sandals that were too small. We bought him a pair of lightning McQueen shoes that light up. Now he won't wear anything else, unless they are his soccer cleats (which are way to big). The kids play soccer and so he feels that he should as well.

Joseph has said bedtime prayers by himself a couple of times. I need to record him doing it. He is antsy as he kneels, but for the most part he does okay. At night, he knows his routine well. If I try to skip a part or if I forget to do something, he reminds me. Depending on the night, a bath, followed by his allergy medicine, brush his teeth, say his prayers, and read some books. The lateness of the night determines how many books we will read. He currently is enjoying "The Saggy Baggy Elephant," "The Pokey Little Puppy," and whatever else he is in the mood for.

3 comments:

Vatonurse said...

That is an awesome picture of Joseph in the bouncy seat. You can find a good crib from JC Penny for fairly cheap (that's where we got ours) though I'm sure you can score at DI. When is your actual due date?

Tina and Joe Rankin said...

The actual due date is January 24, unless the doctor changes it after the ultrasound. I hope that ya'll are doing great!

Michelle said...

It's too bad you got rid of your old crib! You should look on craigslist! You still have several months and you should be able to find a good deal, since you aren't in a hurry. Oh man, did you get rid of Joseph's carseats too?? That is such a bummer!

Also, cute bedtime routine!