Thursday, September 18, 2008

Joseph and his comfort zone

Joseph has decided that he really doesn't like underwear. I had him wear some for the first time on Tuesday while we waited for the water heater repairman to come. Well, he had two accidents. He does well in a diaper and tells us in time, with the underwear, not so much...hmmm. My mom said that I traumatized him by making him wear underwear. He seems to want to make me happy, so he went along with the underwear.



At the thought of pushing him a little to hard, I talked to him and said that he could tell me when he wanted to wear underwear. In the past few weeks he has gotten better at using the toilet at home. I don't think he goes often at grandma's. I told him this last night as he was going to bed. He said that he wanted to wear underwear then. I explained it would be better to wait till the morning.



Last night he woke up and was up for a little over an hour. I am tired. Fortunately for me, I have to wait for the repairman...again. They didn't fix the problem. Joe has had many late night meetings and he is stressed because our water heater is acting up again, or rather, shutting off again.

No comments: