Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rambling

I just finished working on a project for work. I have worked a ton on the project at work, but have spent about 4 or 5 hours at home working on it. Hopefully the end is in sight.

I came home early today because I have a cold. I was feeling awful, but knew I had a ton to do for a meeting that I missed today. I left at about 1, came home with Joseph, and then slept after we ate lunch. We slept till 5:30 pm, which meant a late night for Joseph who was not tired at 8 or 9 pm. We cooked Joe's favorite, rice and gravy, for dinner. Joseph helped pour in the corn starch, but as soon as daddy walked in the door, he said he didn't want to cook.

Joe has been assigned a lot of projects as of late. It is too bad with the increased amount of work they require him to do, they don't increase his pay. He is also finishing the big room downstairs. We are looking for carpet that is relatively inexpensive because we need about 600 square feet of it or so. That basement is huge. It is 22'x24'. Now to decide what projects are necessary and what can we leave off, if we try to sell.

Joseph is learning lots everyday. He was so excited that I came home early today. He also "carries" around a little lion that he has named "Roar." Tonight he carried his lion in a bag that contained videos from a coworker for him. It was his lion's house. He also pretends to be a cat often, a horse, and lately, a dolphin. He uses his little hands to mimic how a dolphin swims and then he calls for mommy dolphin to come and play with him. Before we ate dinner, Joseph and Joe stomped around the kitchen pretending to be monsters. Joe told Joseph they needed to give me monster kisses. Joe came over to where I was sitting and roared a lot. Joseph looked at him and said, "dinosaurs go roar, monsters go yar, yar, yar." He proceeded to march around the kitchen yarring and then stomped over to me and gave me monster kisses. It is fun to watch Joe and Joseph interact. Joseph is starting to say his own prayers at night. Sometimes they make sense and other times, we are left wondering what we said "amen" too.

It looks like the ultrasound results are in. The baby does have the renal pelvic dilation. Normal is 4mm and one of our baby's ureter is measuring 5mm. I get to have another ultrasound in 8 weeks and after the baby is born, he may need another ultrasound, depending on what the results are of the next ultrasound. Our little one may also need to be on antibiotics for 6 weeks or so. They were telling me the baby may weigh about 8 and a half pounds at birth. Scary thought.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I like hearing your ramblings and about the everyday things that are going on. I love the "monster kisses" and Joe & Joseph playing. So cute! I hope you are feeling better after you long nap!

Good luck with your next ultrasound! We will pray that everything goes well for you and your little one!

Vatonurse said...

Yar, yar, yar...I thought that's what a pirate says! Pirate, monster...they're all the same (they all have questionable hygiene, they're all missing teeth, etc).

Keep us posted on your next ultrasound - we'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Brittney said...

Wow, exciting! I've been out of it for a while (LOTS of family in town), but I'm glad to hear you're having a boy! I love having 2 boys together. Joseph's going to be the cutest big brother!