Friday, September 12, 2008

Finally Friday

Today is Friday, to state the obvious. I am happy the weekend is here. I have had a cold and am ready to get our house in a little more order (at least our rooms and kitchen). I left work early because Joseph needed to be picked up from grandma's. He was napping, so that is what I did also.

Joseph is starting to assert himself when the kids pick on him. I told him he needs to tell grandma. The other day we were driving back from grandma's and he was talking about things that are not nice to say. "Dumbhead not nice." "Stupid not nice." Of course, he also says that "nap" is not nice and tells us not to say it.

I am waiting outside the bathroom while he sits on his toilet. He wants to go poop. He has already gone pee in the toilet today. We put on Diego training diapers. I am trying to get him comfortable with wearing underwear. When we try to put some on him, he says, "no thank you. I don't like them." If he is in the tub for a long while, he won't come out till he needs to go to the bathroom or we threaten to pull the bath plug. If we give him a choice and ask if he wants to get out of the tub, he says, "no thank you mommy."

A couple of nights ago, I was working on my project. I was working in Joseph's room. He heard me sneeze and said, "mommy, don't wake me up again." A few minutes later, as he was trying to get comfortable, he said, "mommy, I way super tired." What a cute and expressive little boy. It was cute last night because we were kneeling as a family to say prayer with him. He said, "Heavenly Father, we thank thee for good day. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen." Joe asked if he needed help with making the prayer a little longer. As Joe started to help him pray, I felt the bed moving. I peeked and Joseph was slowly climbing to kneel in front of his dad, cradled by him. It was cute to watch as each part of the prayer was uttered, he would slowly get more and more in position. By the end of the prayer, he was kneeling in front of Joe.

He also tells us that he doesn't like dogs, only puppies. He likes cats and baby crocodiles and baby lions and baby anything. Big animals scare him, even though he likes them too. Tonight he got to pet a little dog and a cat. He thought the dog was a puppy because it was tiny. He liked petting the cat.

We don't know what we will dress Joseph as for Halloween. He says he wants to be a monkey, but we haven't had a Halloween where we have dressed him up. This will be his first official one.

He is done, so I have to go now. He went poops and pee in the toilet!!

No comments: