Sunday, September 14, 2008

To quote Joseph

Yesterday Joseph and I were driving in the car. I asked him if he was excited to have a little brother. He said,"yes." I asked him, knowing that he never comes up with names, what his little brother's name was. Usually he makes a sound or repeats the word that you were asking him to name. Last night he actually said, "Jonas." I was suprised. I said that was a good name and that I liked it. I told him that I would let his dad know. He then said, "Daddy going to say he no like it." He then asked if I like it. I told him yes and he said that he liked it too. Of course when I did tell Joe, he said that he didn't like it.

Yesterday I actually got Joseph to go to the bathroom 4 different times. He is determined to finish his race track. Last night he finished and then said we needed to make another. This new race track has spaces for wearing underwear. We'll see if that gets him to use the toilet. Today he wasn't so good about going to the toilet. He peed before getting in the tub and then he asked to be taken out of his bath to go poop. He did that as well. I bought him some new underwear, hopefully he will want to start wearing it. It will be different for him. Joseph thinks that all stickers are for when he goes to the bathroom. Today I went to the bathroom and he came with a sticker to give me. I now have a Minnie Mouse sticker on my shirt for going to the bathroom in the toilet. :)

I also organized clothes that I can give at our stake give and take on Friday. I have one small box, but am hoping to have more to give. We bought a crib this week. It was only $25. It is not my dream crib, but I can't justify spending hundreds on a crib when this crib was solid and looks good. Plus the sides go down, a benefit which most of the cribs that I liked don't have. We also have a car seat and a swing. I found some of my baby clothes and am preparing to wash and organize them to see if I need anything.

The baby has been moving lots lately. It is fun to feel him. I just hope that he is okay and won't come till January. I also pray that his problem will heal itself before he is born. I do kind of like the name Jonas, but I don't know if Joe will like it. Jonas Zachary Rankin...hmmm, has a nice ring to it. Joshua Asher Rankin. I guess Joe and I will have to discuss it more.

1 comment:

Vatonurse said...

I like Jonas, it's a nice name. We're glad that you were able to find a good crib at a great price. FYI, the diaper bag should be at mom's by this weekend and we have a gift for the new baby.