Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gratitude

This morning Samuel woke up at 6:40 and I was not happy. I started to complain to myself and then came to a realization. Rather than complain, I should be grateful that he slept through the night. I should be grateful that I got to bed early so I was more rested. It didn't make it easier, but at least better. Our lesson in Relief Society was a good one. The woman teaching had some examples that demonstrated just how obvious some of Heavenly Father's blessings are in her life and how you can see some of the miracles he has performed. I was thinking to myself if there were any examples of those obvious blessings. I couldn't think of any outright example, but could see many of the smaller more subtle ways he blesses me. I am going to try and look more this week.

This week will be a crazy one. I am substituting all day at the charter school I used to work for full time a few years back. It is going to be a challenge because I love my boys and will miss them sooooooooo much.

Joseph is a cutie. In his prayer last night he asked that Jesus help us get back to live with him and our Heavenly Father. Yesterday was a primary activity, so he went to B.O.O.T (build on our testimony) camp. They worked as teams and graduated B.O.O.T camp at the end. They had real soldiers there and he just had fun. He was telling us about some of the obstacle course stuff and how soldiers say "hooah" for yes. It was cute to hear him say it to his Uncle Esteban who is in the National Guard. At the end of the activity they sang Nephi's Courage. Joseph knew the hand signals to the song. I should have taken a picture of just how much fun it was to watch him sing. Next Sunday he is giving a talk on how God speaks through prophets.

No comments: