Friday, February 19, 2010

Dinosaur museum...again




Since we have a family pass, it is nice to go there, especially because it is free to us. We went with my mom and the kids today. It was nice and slow at the museum, which was nice for us. We took our time and had lots of fun. Joseph was excited to see the Utahraptor. He likes to think of us as a Utahraptor family. He is posing with the Utahraptor in this picture. I finally remembered to ask someone to take a picture of me with the boys. It was a fun time. It was snowing outside when we left. Joseph was excited because grandma bought him a dimetridon before we left.

One thing that I have noticed about Joseph is that he throws a lot more tantrums when he is tired. I need to either put him to bed earlier (like tonight) or make him take a nap.

Samuel was sick yesterday, so I stayed home from preschool. Someone that lives close to us is also attending the preschool and she gave Joseph a ride with her son, Carson. She dropped them off because her little girl is sick also. I picked them up. Joseph enjoyed their craft because they made a farm and had lots of little vegetables planted in his field.

For Samuel, he is babbling lots more. He is also getting braver and starting to walk further each day. His current favorite way to walk is with someone holding one of his hands. He gets irritated if someone tries to grab his free hand. Samuel is reaching the age of wanting to play with whatever big brother is playing with. He and Joseph have fought over toys already. Most of the time I distract Samuel with a different toy because I am trying not to let Samuel get his way. One of my earliest memories as a little girl was being forced to let my baby brother play with any toy that I was playing with that he wanted...yeah you Ernest. ;) I do expect Joseph to share and sometimes let Joseph know that it is time for him to let his little brother play with a toy, but I let him do it.

1 comment:

Debra said...

It's always an ongoing challenge to teach children. I know what you mean. I remember reading about the idea of "your toys" and "your share toys." This helped with my boys. They had a certain toy that was just theirs and they didn't have to share. There were other toys that they needed to let their siblings and friends play with when they wanted. Doing this seemed to help our family.