Friday, February 26, 2010

Crazy

Today we had a very busy day. I had the lesson at Joseph's preschool and it was on trains. I ran to the library last night right before it closed to get a few books that were on hold for me. I didn't know what to do for an activity, both moving and craft. I debated on what snack to bring. I finally decided to bring some cuties, some goldfish and popsicles. For the moving activity, I put some tape on the floor and had them make a human train. Of course, to begin class, there were only 3 kids and Samuel was one of them. I was the only parent. It was kind of nice to have so few, but about 45 minutes into the class, another mom came with her 2 kids. The human train was fun. Each kid got to be the engine once and lead the other kids around the "track." We practiced making the number 7 with play-doh and had snacks. Joseph and I read the The Little Engine that Could. We brought lots of toy trains and wooden tracks for all the kids to play with and share. They did that most of free play time. Our lesson went okay. Samuel was super hungry, cranky and tired, so he wanted to be on my lap. That meant I read the book upside down and had to avoid Samuel during the craft. Joseph had fun, but tonight he was talking to us and said, "I like it when it is quiet." It is true. There are some kids that make it really loud and it was nice when there were only 2 kids because it was so quiet.

As I started to write this, Samuel was crawling around. He started to cry, so I went to check on him. The other day we bought a big packet of toilet paper. He spent yesterday night climbing all over it. Well, he managed to push it next to our bed and used it to climb onto our bed. He was stuck because he didn't want to fall off the bed. Samuel is a natural born climber, just not a natural born descender. He loves to try and climb on everything. He throws things on the floor so he can try and stand on them. What a cute and silly boy. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a cutie! Mom Rankin said that Jeff was a big climber too when he was little. I wonder what Joe was like. Nathan is getting more into climbing now that he can descend. He has always been really cautious.