Saturday, February 13, 2010

Avatar

So, here is my perspective on this movie. It was an entertaining movie. I enjoyed the characters and the scenery and I love the world that the director created. The plot itself was fairly predictable and my brother's comments that it was Fern Gullyish have some merit. It is hard for me to watch some actors and actresses because I wonder to myself how they can take a role or character so seriously (think X-men origins). I find it hard not to laugh or sneer with some acting sequences, but at least it was a fun movie. I can see now why it wasn't nominated in the best screenplay because it draws from so many other stereotypical movies of its genre. As for the 3-d, I have a lazy eye, so some of the effects were lost on me. I heard some people oohing over some parts and I couldn't see what they did. Visually, it was a beautiful movie and the political undertones could be overlooked. All in all, I would recommend this movie for its creativity and imagination that makes you wonder what other worlds are out there and poses an unasked question of how much propoganda do we listen to before we do what we know to be morally or ethically right.

1 comment:

Vatonurse said...

I heard the story was more Pocahontas type than Fern Gulley. I haven't seen the movie so I couldn't tell you.