Monday, July 21, 2008

Yes...Joseph is going to be a big brother

For those who didn't see our last post, we are pregnant. I am 13 weeks along. With Joseph, I was hardly sick, but with our new little one, every afternoon and evening I feel super nauseated. I keep hoping that the nausea will end, but it is a good reminder to me that I am pregnant. Maybe it will end at the beginning of the second trimester (officially week 14).

Joseph is excited and likes to "feel" the baby. He thinks that he can feel the baby moving. He also thinks he has a baby in his belly. When we ask him what kind of baby we are having, he says it is a girl baby. When we say a girl baby is a sister, he says that he wants a brother. I think he will be happy with whatever we have (at least that is the hope).

Yesterday we were able to get Joseph to go potty in the toilet. It has been over a month since he has been willing to sit on his little toilet. I think it helps that we bought some dinosaurs that he can get if he uses the bathroom. After his successful go yesterday, he chose t-rex. He explains the rules of what he can get when he goes: potty (1 dinosaur), poops (2 dinosaurs). When we got home from church and after we ate some lunch, he said that he wanted to go poops so he could get 2 dinosaurs. I gave him apple juice to encourage his little body to use the bathroom. He sat there on the toilet for 45 minutes. When we asked if he was ready, he would say, "No. Not ready. I almost done." He would also sip on his apple juice and say, "This help me." When he actually started to go to the bathroom he said, "I going!" It was really cute. He is carrying that dinosaur everywhere. He asks us to look at his other dinosaurs quite often. I hope they continue to be a motivation (or bribe).

3 comments:

The Evansons said...

haha.. i totally knew it like.. forever ago!
i think it's going to be a girl.. personally.
idk why, i've just got this feeling.
although, i could definitely be wrong.
so yeah..
love you!!
hope the nausea ends!

Brittney said...

I'm sorry you've been feeling yucky, but I'm glad you've let everyone know! Congrats!

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Congratulations!!
That is fabulous.
It's a girl, girls make everyone have nausea in life at some point. Be grateful it is now and not when they are 17 :o)

It'll go away.