Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lazy Sunday

I am sitting here after a longer than expected nap waiting for the chocolate chunk brownies to cook. I notice that I tend to write mostly about Joseph. Guess that my life is not that interesting at the moment. Joe has been working on the house. Yesterday he and my dad took 2 large dumpster loads of trash from the remodel to the dump in Springville. We still have at least 1 more, but it was getting late. It took me awhile to clean our kitchen. Now I need to get motivated to fold our clean laundry on the floor in our room. Maybe not just yet...

Joseph is learning to pick up his toys after he is done playing with them. He won't do it on his own, but he loves to have the company when he needs to clean. Once someone is in there with him, he manages just fine. He still refuses to potty train. I am going to start trying again with full intent next weekend. I keep hoping that he will just ask to go. He tells us when he needs to go to the bathroom, but runs from us if we try to take him to his toilet. The other day we were going to the store and he said he wanted to look at toys. He continued with that thought by saying, "Can't buy toys because need go bathroom in toilet first." He doesn't whine or complain about not getting a toy because he knows he hasn't fulfilled his end of the bargain.

He is really learning his letters now. He reads his Alphabet of Ocean Animals book. He recognizes B, C, D, E, F, G, I, O, Q, R, S, and occasionally Y. He does read the animals that go with each letter once you help him with the ones he doesn't remember on his own. He still struggles with X is for Xiphius Gladius (a swordfish). Joseph says, "X for gladus, gladus." When we aren't reading his book, when he sees letters, he identifies some of them on his own or asks me to help him with it. He gets really excited.

2 comments:

Alison Russell said...

I miss buddy and hanging out with all you guys. :( I still slept better than I do now too, even if people were in my room at 2am...

Christina said...

I want to see Baby Joe so bad!!!! I love him so much!!!! He isn't a baby anymore!!! Whoaaa!!!! I need to visit.