Friday, July 18, 2008

Family Art Project

We decided to do a little art project the other night. I found an old onesie of Joseph's, but I didn't have fabric paint. I had bought him some squeezable paints so that he could explore his inner artist a while back, so we grabbed those to use. Joseph was so excited to be able to paint on something other than paper. I painted a star and he said starfish. So the theme arose from there. Joe came in and helped later. All the coral and kelp, as well as the shark, fish and sea turtle, are Joe's handy work. I drew the octopus that looks funny. The random markings are Joseph's contribution. Here is the finished product.
Joe's portion looks better than my portion. Joseph was so excited to wear this, he couldn't wait for it to dry. We did let it dry, but here is a picture of him wearing it. Last night he didn't want to take it off, so he slept in it as well. It isn't the prettiest onesie, but Joseph loves it because he helped make it. I think it helps that mommy and daddy helped him paint as well. All in all, it was a fun family activity.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

So so so so so excited for you! (But also glad I only have a few days and not several months like you! haha) I seriously LOVE the onesie! :D Reading your blog was the best part of my day!

Merde said...

Is he really going to be a big brother? And if so....why haven't we heard!