Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday night blues

Tonight I scheduled Joe and my temple recommend interviews. The stake presidency only does interviews for 1 hour a week on Wednesdays on a first come first serve basis by phone. They accept calls at 6:30 pm. I called then and scheduled an interview for me and Joe. The original time the stake clerk told me was 7 pm, but I said we needed it later. He gave us options of 7:20 pm and 7:40 pm. I chose 7:40 pm and made sure that he knew it was for me and my husband. Well, we get there at 7:40 and they are running late. Apparently the stake clerk forgot to change my time from 7 to 7:40. I went in for my interview after 8 pm. When I came out, I was expecting Joe to go, but instead a different brother that had been waiting went in. Joe grabbed my purse and Joseph's stuff and said, "let's go." I was taken aback. What had happened? The stake clerk didn't write Joe down for an interview, just like he didn't change the time of my interview. Joe is not happy. Now I have to see if I can set up another time for Joe to have his interview. It was difficult enought getting there tonight, now to plan for a different Wednesday night. I feel badly because Joe was all dressed up, the stake clerk saw us enter together and we both checked in. He told us there were 3 people in front of us.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I wonder why they didn't just let Joe in after you since he was there with you! I'm sorry!!

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

I totally understand. That has got to suck.
Sorry about that. It'll all be taken care of and work out accordingly.