Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tio Blas

My Tio Blas passed away this morning. He passed on in his sleep and is finally at rest. He is finally free from the pain and addiction that were part of his life. It has been a year since I last saw him and my heart, love and prayers go out to all of my family who are saddened by his loss. He was a son, a brother, a father, an uncle, and one cannot forget that he was a child of God. I know the hurt and pain are so fresh and tender for you. It might not help, but I pray that these words will offer you some comfort. Tio Blas can finally return to the Father that created and loved him. He is always present and aware of his children, especially at times of loss and sorrow. My tio tried hard to laugh away the pains and memories. He laughed loud and often and he will not soon be forgotten by his loved ones. Please know that our Father in Heaven loves you too and wants to comfort you. There is a song that I love to sing, and though I can't get the tune written down, here are some of the words:

Heavenly Father are you really there, and do you hear and answer every child's prayer? (there are lots more words, but I wanted to write the chorus for you)
Pray He is there, Speak He is listening, you are His child, His love now surrounds you. He hears your prayers, He loves the children, of such is the kingdom, the kingdom of Heaven.

Your prayers were to probably have Tio Blas with us for more time, that he wouldn't die. It is not always easy to understand why our Father would take away our loved ones. I know that our Heavenly Father's love now surrounds you. In the quiet times of hurt and mourning, if you saye the words to the song above, or even just ask, you will feel the peace that only our Father can give.

Tio, I know that you are finally resting from a life that was not always easy. I will always remember your smile. I love you.

No comments: