Saturday, May 29, 2010

A day on the farm and a day with dinosaurs

Yesterday Joseph's class had a pool party. I knew it was going to be a cooler day and I didn't want to take the boys into an outdoor pool. I told Joseph that instead, we would go to the dinosaur museum and to farm country at Thanksgiving Point. Here are some pics from our day.


Joseph didn't want to ride a pony, so we opted to go on a wagon ride. Joseph was all smiles. He was a little disappointed because we couldn't get quarters to feed the animals.


Joseph and Samuel enjoying the nice breezy wagon ride. You could see the storm clouds slowly rolling in. We got into our car right before it started to rain.


Samuel and Joseph played in the jail playhouse. They ran around in circles till we were ready to go on our wagon ride.


While at the museum, we played in the digging area. Samuel investigated the sand. In this picture, he was letting it slide down his hands and arm. By the end of our time playing, hew was covered in sand. I had to brush him off as best I could.


Here is Samuel throwing the sand. He was laughing as he did it.


Samuel enjoyed this part of our visit the most.


His day wouldn't be complete without tasting the sand. I couldn't snap a picture of the face he made right after. He worked on spitting it out as fast as he could. :)


Here is my little scholar studying megalodon.


Walking into the prehistoric sea creatures area. Joseph stood by his little brother's side.


Joseph's other best part of the museum, the water and sand erosion table. We built a huge damn and then let it collapse. Samuel splashed in the water a little.

All in all, this was a fun day. I need to do it more often since we have our family pass. I guess that is what summer is for.

No comments: