Monday, May 31, 2010

Thanks to the nice gentleman at the garage sale

Today I took Joseph and Samuel to a few garage sales. I did it because it was a nice morning and I wanted to let Joe sleep in. We found a couple of garage sales. I bought some Rescue Heroes for Joseph and Samuel to play with. The last garage sale we went to, they had a ride on toy. It was a garbage truck that makes noise and can become a wagon of sorts to transport stuff. The lady at the garage sale was asking $10. I had $4 left. I asked if she would be willing to take $4 for it, kind of expecting no for an answer. She did say it was hardly played with and that she couldn't take an amount so low. Joseph was pulling it around. I told him to put it back and we started to leave. A nice older gentleman talked to the lady and then called us back. He paid the lady $5 and I gave her $4. I was shocked that a complete stranger would do something so nice. He explained that he wanted to spend a little money and that he saw my boys having fun with it and wanted to help them have it. It made my day and it made Joseph's day. Samuel was smiling and babbling, so I assume it made his day too. :) Thanks again.

2 comments:

Vatonurse said...

I'm excited to see a pic of them playing on it.

Celia said...

Umm...that made me cry. I love nice people. Thanks for sharing such a positive story :)