Thursday, May 20, 2010

And so concludes another week...almost

This week is almost over. I don't know what are plans are for the weekend, but we might go camping. Samuel is walking everywhere now. He still loves to climb stairs and he really loves his cookie puzzle piece. He likes to sleep with it and gets very excited to hold it. It is so fun to hear him chatter with himself in the morning and to see how excited he gets at seeing us in the morning. Another new favorite thing of his is to attack daddy. He loves his daddy a lot. It is the one word that he says consistently without any pleading or cajoling. He laughs a lot and smiles a lot, especially with his big brother. Joseph makes him laugh a ton. It is fun to hear them in the room laughing. One thing he tries to mimic is juggling. I usually hum a circus theme song and juggle a few things. He grabs it in his hand and makes a noise that sounds like my circus theme song and rolls the item between his hands.

Joseph is still a funny kid. This summer we are going to work hard on getting him to read on his own. He says that he can do it in his head just not outloud yet. Today we had a conversation with him telling him that I would probably be going back to work. He said that I could for a bit, but that I needed to stop so I could stay home with him and then if they asked me to work again, I could say no. He likes to play a "powers" game with the kids. He has items that have powers that can destroy enemies. With the aforementioned juggling, I have found Joseph also mimicing the circus theme song and throwing things in the air to entertain Samuel. Samuel finds it very amusing and laughs a lot.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Your boys are so cute! :) Even though I am a little unsure how I'll be feeling when I move to Utah in July (since I'll be recovering and adjusting to two), I need to make sure I see you!

Also, why are you going back to work? :(

Michelle said...

This was Michelle, not Jeff btw.