Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Joseph's mission and other tidbits

Joseph enjoys doing map puzzles, so I was talking about where mommy and daddy served their missions with him. He informed me that he was going to go on a mission to the jungle. I told Joe, so today Joseph told him. He said that Jesus would tell him where to go and he would walk there. He said that he and Samuel would go on their missions together. It was fun to hear him explain that Jesus would show him where to walk.

Samuel is a lot of fun too. He is so dang cute. He smiles a ton and is just getting bigger and more vocal. He grunts when he is not happy and likes to say, "dadadadadada" while biting his finger. He laughs a lot and is just a little joy in our lives.

Joseph is almost 4. We are planning a dinosaur birthday party for him. He is going to be a pirate for Halloween, but the costume I won on ebay has yet to arrive (over 1 week and counting). Samuel is going to be the treasure and I am going to be a treasure map. Joe thinks it is silly that I want us to have a themed Halloween, so he is going to be a Mexican wrestler.

Joseph enjoys:
1. Dinosaurs (still, especially daddy's old definitely dinosaur toys)
2. Raspberries then blueberries/strawberries (tied)
3. Thundercats (Panthro and Monkian are his favorites)
4. Ducktales
5. Going to the library. We have checked out tons of books. Some of the ones he has liked are:
How To Be
Runaway Bunny
I Spy books (I think we have checked out every single one)
Pirate Pete's Great Adventure
Others that I can't think of right now
6. Asking what begins with the letter that he learns about at the library (What begins with C?, What begins with R?) all day after his lesson.
7. His little brother Samuel. He is always giving him hugs and kisses.
8. Playing with daddy.
9. Mommy being home.
10. Maps.
11. Signing Time.
12. The Lorax movie. Mickey and the Beanstalk.
13. Coloring.
14. Talking and making up songs (once upon a time...)
15. Cooking and washing clothes/dishes.

Samuel is 8 months. He enjoys:
1. All toys (especially ones that spin).
2. His family.
3. Smiling.
4. Eating prunes, peaches, banana, pears, pear strawberry granola, harvest vegetables with whole grain, prunes with apples, banana peach oatmeal, among others.
5. Gnawing on his fingers to feel his first tooth and the second one that is coming in.
6. Milk.
7. Touching everything, especially feeling material.
8. Rolling everywhere.
9. Babbling.
10. People carrying him.
11. Bouncing.

I love my boys so much and am so grateful for them. They are my joy as is my husband who still amazes me every day. :)

No comments: