Monday, July 13, 2009

Vacation with Jeff and Michelle

Jeff and Michelle came over last week for a short visit with us. It was so much fun to have them here. Joe took a couple of vacation days so we could do lots with them. Thursday I didn't have my camera, so Id didn't take any pictures of what we did. On Thursday we went to BYU and had lunch at the Cougar Eat. Michelle loves L&T so she wanted a wrap. We then went to the BYU Museum of Art and looked at the Dan Steinhelber (sp?) exhibit which is the garbage art exhibit. It was nice to walk through again. There is a security guard who has seen me with the boys on a number of different occasions, so he commented on the regularity on which we have been to the Walter Wick and Dan Steinhelber exhibits. They are really great exhibits. Thursday night we played games at our house. It was a lot of fun. I didn't fair so well on any of the games. I did come in second in the Great Dalmuti after 2 rounds, but we then played Mill Bornes.

I will post what we did on Friday. This is in backwards order, starting with how we ended our evening on Friday. Friday was a busy day. On Friday night, we came to our house to play games. They played the Great Dalmuti and Mill Bornes. I ended up going to bed because I could hardly function by 10:30 at night (when I finally got Samuel to sleep). J.P. was there. He is a friend of ours since he and Jeff and my brother Ernest were roommates. He cheered Joe and Jeff's soccer team, Chunky Salsa, when they were on the same team. Thor, Joe and Jeff's cousin, was also there. Uncle David couldn't make it. My brother Ziggy also came over to play. All in all, it was fun to have so many people over to play.
Here is a picture of the group playing the Great Dalmuti. In this picture, Ryan was the Dalmuti.
Before games at our house, we went to the park to play frisbee golf. Joe won with a 3, Joe and Ziggy both had 4 and I had 6. I was close this time. I don't like hole 3. The water hazard always freaks me out, so I end up with 3 over par every time. We then took some time for the boys to play on the playsets. Joseph was climbing up and down the slide. He is getting braver.
Here are Michelle and Nathan on the playset. Nathan looks so excited. He loved being outside. He kept trying to eat the grass and anything else that came his way.
Here we are on the frisbee golf course. No one landed in the water hazard on pole 3. They came close, but missed it. We did have quite a few shots that made it into the trees.
Before we went to play frisbee golf, we went to the BYU games center to bowl. Here is Joseph with his bowling ball. It was a close game. I came in last and my little boy Joseph came in first. He bowled a 131. He got a strike and I missed videotaping it. He held out his little arms and said yes as he ran back. Michelle had a 129, Jeff a 127, Joe a 107 and me a 106. I might have mixed Jeff and Michelle's scores, but I can't remember.
Joe with Nathan. Nathan has discovered the joys of his nostrils. He missed in this picture. Waht a cute and happy little boy!
Jeff and Nathan. I can't get Nathan to look at me in pictures.
Michelle and Nathan. She is trying to get him to look at me with the camera. It didn't work. I am glad they were here. It was fun.

No comments: